The agency, as required by law, released a five-year schedule for construction, upgrades and improvements to the highway system. Projects are subject to delay based on funding constraints and other factors.
The document contains one Alcorn County project, described as bridge painting on U.S. Highway 45 near Kossuth Road, scheduled for 2017.
Projects in neighboring counties include:
• In Prentiss County, milling and overlay of Mississippi Highway 4 from the Tippah County line to U.S. Highway 45, a $2,182,620 project scheduled for this year.
• In Prentiss County, multiple bridge replacements on Mississippi Highway 145 between Booneville and Baldwyn, a $7.4 million project scheduled for this year.
• In Tishomingo County, bridge replacement on Highway 172 at Little Yellow Creek and Ellington Branch, scheduled for 2020, with right of way and utility work scheduled for 2017 and 2018. The bridge replacement is a $3.9 million project.
• In Tishomingo County, safety improvements on Mississippi Highway 25, a $2.5 million project scheduled for 2018.
• In Tippah County, utilities and right of way reconstruction on Mississippi Highway 2 from Highway 15 to the Highway 15 bypass, scheduled for 2017 and 2018.
The criteria for assigning project priority includes public safety, condition of highways and bridges, traffic counts and route connectivity, the agency said.